Monday, January 12, 2009

Lia in her "Gotcha Day" Outfit


Gotcha Day 2008



Home One Year Later 2009


Home One Year Later 2009

Friday night we took a few pictures of Lia in the outfit that she wore when we first met her. She also had on some long underwear tops and bottoms and a sweater the day we met her. The sweater was tight on Gotcha Day so it definitely would not fit her today and the underwear bottoms may have fit her but the top would not. Sooo, she is just wearing the hat and outerwear she had on. When I put it on her and hugged her it brought back memories of how she felt to me the first time I held her in my arms. I have to admit, I cried. We also watched our video of that day and Lia tried to reenact the way she was - crying and flailing her head back, only this time she did it with a little laugh and a twinkle in her eye! We got tons of hugs and kisses from her that night, I think she is very happy and does know that we are here for her no matter what. I will also post a picture of Gotcha Day in the same outfit.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

isn't it funny that they want to cry like they did back then....but all in fun? It's like a big game and it's so nice that they are so adjusted and happy!!!

Love,
Liz

Anonymous said...

as I keep re-looking at your site for any updates (hint hint hint) I noticed the TV in the background has your Wii on hold! Don't you love that game???

Liz

Molly Girl said...

Happy New Year,HAll Family!
I'm Molly.I'm Learning Mathematics Operation in English now.I'm very busy and tired,but I kind og like these day!