We have mailed off the I800A to the Immigration of the United States or USCIS. Our home study was finished and through review on February 24th, but we didn't get the final copies until March 2nd. As soon as I could get that final copy in my hand I rushed it to Fedex and sent it overnight to USCIS in Texas. Today I received a text that they got it! How exciting to know that our paperwork is waiting to be reviewed to see if we qualify to bring an orphan into the US. I'm sure we will pass with flying colors, but we have to wait about 60 days to get that approval. In between there we have to be fingerprinted, so we have been making sure our hands are well lotioned because we can't have any cuts or cracks on them for the fingerprinting. I am busy getting our dossier together so it will be all ready when we get our I800A approval. We are still thinking of travel in September or October, but we will know better as time marches on...
COLLEEN
1 comment:
I love to see your making progress! it's all so exciting and wonderful but the wait truly does suck. keep working at it and don't get discouraged! Cameron is so dang cute and I can't wait to see him with his family!
love you
Liz
Post a Comment