Well this was mine and Aarons birthday weekend. My 40th birthday was Saturday and Aarons 10th birthday was Sunday. When Charlie and I were first married I always told him I wanted to be done having children when I was 30 years old. Well, Aaron was born the day after I turned 30 so I guess I was pretty close on that wish. However, I never said I didn't want any more children after I turned 30! I love you Lia. Anyway, Saturday night we were SUPPOSED to go to my parents house for an early Thanksgiving Dinner (looong story). It ended up being a surprise party for me. I did have a little idea all along that it was going to go that way, but I was still surprised and had a great time. Some friends I haven't seen in a long time showed up and it was great reconnecting to them.
On Sunday, we celebrated Aaron's birthday by taking him and a friend to Chuck E. Cheese's. He always has a good time there and he and his friend really racked up the tickets and both got a nice prize as we were leaving. I can't believe he is already 10 years old. He is such a sweet, and caring son (even though at times he makes me crazy), but I wouldn't trade his personality for the world. He always tells me he was my late 30th birthday present. Yes, Aaron, you are! I hope you had a wonderful birthday Aaron, and I enjoyed sharing the birthday weekend with you. I Love You!!
2 comments:
Hi Colleen, and happy belated birthday! I just spotted your post on my blog, so I'm late in checking out your blog. Thanks for contacting me and sharing your history of adopting your daughter. I haven't read through your blog yet, but quickly glanced at your photo's. You have a lovely family, and I wish you all a very happy Thanksgiving. This will surely be one that we will be giving thanks for so many wonderful things in our lives, especially for the blessing of finding our little girl.
Happy Thanksgiving!
Susan
happy birthday Colleen!!!! Oh to be so young! LOL. And of course a big happy birthday to Aaron. Kids grow so fast and pretty soon you'll be announcing that Lia is 10 and then I'll weep becuase our babies are already growing so very fast.
Love the updates and can't wait until we can meet again.
Love
Liz
Post a Comment