On Sunday morning Charlie, Aaron, Lia and I got up bright and early and drove 1 1/2 hours to Owosso, Michigan to ride the Polar Express Train. The train is the train that the author of The Polar Express wrote the story about. They also used this train to record all the sounds of the train used in the movie. It was a lot of fun and the kids both really enjoyed it, as did Charlie and I. We rode the train North for a little over an hour and then got off the train and went into this large heated warehouse. The warehouse had Santa, a magician, a carousel, huge slide, dumbo type ride, small train ride, small train set, and food booths. All the activities were included in the train ride price and the kids could do them as many times as they wanted. Lia even went up and told Santa she wants an Elmo for Christmas (I bet she gets one too!) She wouldn't sit on his lap though, daddy had to hold her. We were there almost 2 hours. The train ride is so popular it was sold out for the season by early November, and they even added an extra passenger car to each trip. If you live in Michigan I would recommend this ride for your children. After we arrived back to the station the snow started up. Our drive home took almost twice as long as our ride there, but at least we arrived home safe and sound.
We are Charlie, Colleen (mom and dad), Josh, Alyssa, Aaron, Lia (our China Princess adopted from China in January 2008), and Cameron (waiting for us in Beijing). Our family lives in West Michigan and we love boating, traveling and just being together. Welcome to our busy and crazy life.
Wednesday, December 03, 2008
Polar Express Train
On Sunday morning Charlie, Aaron, Lia and I got up bright and early and drove 1 1/2 hours to Owosso, Michigan to ride the Polar Express Train. The train is the train that the author of The Polar Express wrote the story about. They also used this train to record all the sounds of the train used in the movie. It was a lot of fun and the kids both really enjoyed it, as did Charlie and I. We rode the train North for a little over an hour and then got off the train and went into this large heated warehouse. The warehouse had Santa, a magician, a carousel, huge slide, dumbo type ride, small train ride, small train set, and food booths. All the activities were included in the train ride price and the kids could do them as many times as they wanted. Lia even went up and told Santa she wants an Elmo for Christmas (I bet she gets one too!) She wouldn't sit on his lap though, daddy had to hold her. We were there almost 2 hours. The train ride is so popular it was sold out for the season by early November, and they even added an extra passenger car to each trip. If you live in Michigan I would recommend this ride for your children. After we arrived back to the station the snow started up. Our drive home took almost twice as long as our ride there, but at least we arrived home safe and sound.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
sounds like alot of fun! Zoe said that Lia is a baby for not sitting on Santa's lap!
Love,
Liz
Oh that looks like so much fun! We definitely have to do that next year. Gavin watches The Polar Express movie like it's his job. He would LOVE this. I'm glad you guys went. I bet Lia just loved it.
Post a Comment